CDE B1-1 Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for Work Permit

Last UpdatedMarch 11, 2020
Total Files2
VersionRev. 02-14

California employers who wish to employ a minor under 18 years of age must possess a valid permit to employ and work.  The CDE B1-1, available here, on the DIR website, or obtained through the minor's school, should be completed by the minor, the employer, and signed by the minor's parent or guardian and the employer, then returned to the school. The school may issue the permit to employ and work.

For more detailed information on California employment of minors, work permits (including permits in specific industries), and other important information, please visit the CA Dept. of Industrial Relations website.

Download & Links
CDE B1-1 Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor (CA) (02-14).pdf
Link to CA DIR - DLSE online version
Note: These are forms and links made available to the public by federal, state, or local authorities. The links and copies of the forms are provided here for your convenience and ease of reference. Although ManagEase makes an effort to post the most current links and forms, be sure you are using the latest link and the most up-to-date form when processing current information. You may go directly to the federal, state, or local authorities’ websites for this information. You may also request copies of the forms from the federal, state, or local authorities by contacting them directly or by visiting their websites.
0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply