Are you new to HR or perhaps looking for a refresher on key aspects of the HR function?
Then our HR Management Series is for you! This series is specially designed to help HR Professionals at all levels develop the knowledge, methods, and skills necessary to meet the challenges of today’s constantly evolving workforce. All of our sessions are interactive, instructor-led, and provide the opportunity for peer-to-peer learning and hands-on exercises.
For HR Professionals looking to attain or recertify their HR certifications through HRCI or SHRM, you will earn 15 recertification credits!
Session 1: Foundations of the HR Department
This session is focused on training new HR Professionals and Managers with an understanding of the core principles of effective HR Management, including a compliance overview of personnel files, commonly used forms, handbooks, company policies, independent contractors, volunteer management, and helpful resources for HR Professionals.
- Understand the components of the personnel file and record retention practices.
- Know the required federal and state posters, pamphlets, and forms and when to use them.
- Review the policy components for an employee handbook.
- Understand the key differences between employees, independent contractors, and volunteers.
Session 2: Payroll and Benefits
This session will focus on the payroll and benefits aspects of Human Resources including employee classifications, compensation practices, meal periods, leaves of absence, and medical benefits.
- Understand the various employee classifications.
- Review compensation, payroll, and time and attendance practices.
- Learn when various leaves of absences apply and how to manage them.
- Understand federal and state benefit requirements.
Session 3: Recruiting, Selecting, Hiring, and Exiting Employees
This session will focus on multiple points of the employee life cycle including recruiting, selecting, hiring, and exiting practices.
- Analyze recruiting strategies and how to use them strategically.
- Learn best practices for interviewing candidates.
- Understand the process to select, onboard, and engage a new hire.
- Review the process for exiting an employee.
Session 4: Performance Management and Employee Development
This session will focus on strategies and insight to boost productivity, equip managers with skills necessary for handling performance management, and align team and individual activities with a Company’s goals.
- Know the goal setting process and align them with business goals.
- Learn how to manage employees who meet standards.
- Be able to apply strategies for managing problematic employees.
- Analyze performance appraisals for effectiveness.
Session 5: Managing an Employee Populations
This session will focus on key issues in managing an employee population encompassing OSHA, ADA, work-related injuries, and HIPAA.
- Know OSHA compliance requirements and how to apply them in the workplace.
- Understand requirements of the ADA and how to respond to employee inquiries for accommodations.
- Understand worker’s compensation systems and processes.
- Review best practices for HIPAA compliance.