https://www.managease.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/ManagEase-Logo-Trans.png 0 0 ManagEase https://www.managease.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/ManagEase-Logo-Trans.png ManagEase2020-07-10 17:04:402020-07-10 17:04:40PPP Extensions Provide Relief for Borrowers
PPP Extensions Provide Relief for Borrowers
All Employers with PPP Loans
June 5, 2020
Contact HR On-Call
HR 7010 recently extended certain provisions of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Flexibility Act of 2020.
- Borrowers can spend up to 40% (formerly 25%) on qualified non-payroll costs, such as rent and utilities costs.
- The time for borrowers to spend loan funds and meet forgiveness requirements has been extended from June 30 to December 31, 2020.
- Loans must now have a minimum maturity of 5 years (rather than 2 years).
- Payments on loans can be deferred until loan forgiveness is given to the lender by the SBA, or 10 months after the end of the covered period if the borrower did not yet request loan forgiveness.
- The time for employers to restore full-time equivalent (FTE) employees to their status and wages in order to qualify for loan forgiveness is extended from June 30 to December 31, 2020.
- Employers who are unable to return to the same level of business activity under certain circumstances or rehire laid off or similarly qualified workers may still qualify for loan forgiveness with sufficient documentation.
- Borrowers can now defer payroll taxes that were previously prohibited under the CARES Act.
- Read the text of the bill here.
- Prepare for revised requirements for loan forgiveness.
- Subscribers can call our HR On-Call Hotline at (888) 378-2456 for further assistance.
Disclaimer: This document is designed to provide general information and guidance concerning employment-related issues. It is presented with the understanding that ManagEase is not engaged in rendering any legal opinions. If a legal opinion is needed, please contact the services of your own legal adviser.
© 2020 ManagEase
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!