July 1, 2021, as indicated
Contact HR On-Call
On July 1, 2021, minimum wage will increase in states and localities across the country. Although not a comprehensive list, the following are key areas to review.
- Berkeley: $16.32/hour.
- Emeryville: $17.13/hour.
- Fremont: $15.25/hour (26+ employees); $15/hour (1-25 employees).
- Los Angeles City and County: $15/hour (regardless of size); $17/hour (LAX airport).
- Long Beach (Hotel Industry): $15.69/hour.
- Malibu: $15/hour (regardless of size).
- Milpitas: $15.65/hour.
- Pasadena: $15/hour (regardless of size).
- San Francisco: $16.32/hour.
- Santa Monica: $15/hour (regardless of size).
Connecticut: $13/hour, effective August 1, 2021.
District of Columbia: $15.20/hour.
Florida: $10/hour, effective September 30, 2021.
- Chicago: $15.00/hour (21+ employees); $14/hour (4-20 employees).
- Montgomery County: $15/hour (51+ employees); $14/hour (11-50 employees); $13.50/hour (1-10 employees).
- Minneapolis: $14.25/hour (101+ employees); $12.50/hour (1-100 employees).
- Paul: $12.50/hour (101-10,000 employees); $11/hour (6-100 employees); $10/hour (1-5 employees).
Nevada: $8.75/hour (employers offering qualified health benefits); $9.75/hour (all other employers).
New York: $15/hour (fast food workers outside New York City).
- Portland Metro: $14/hour.
- Nonurban Counties: $12/hour.
Virginia: $9.50/hour, effective May 1, 2021.
Employers should also review tipped employee minimum wage changes, and any impact to overtime and exempt employee pay.
- Prepare to update minimum wage rates in payroll systems.
- Notify employees of wage increases, if required.
- Display updated minimum wage posters in the workplace and provide posters to remote workers.
- Subscribers can call our HR On-Call Hotline at (888) 378-2456 for further assistance.
Disclaimer: This document is designed to provide general information and guidance concerning employment-related issues. It is presented with the understanding that ManagEase is not engaged in rendering any legal opinions. If a legal opinion is needed, please contact the services of your own legal adviser.
© 2021 ManagEase