All Employers with CA, CT, DC, FL, IL, MD, MN, NV, and OR Employees
Contact HR On-Call
On July 1, 2022, minimum wage will increase in states and localities across the country. Although not a comprehensive list, the following are key areas to review.
- Alameda: $15.75/hour
- Berkeley: $16.99/hour
- Emeryville: $17.68/hour
- Fremont: $16/hour
- Los Angeles City: $16.04/hour
- Los Angeles County: $15.96/hour
- Long Beach (Hotel Industry): $16.73/hour
- Malibu: $15.96/hour
- Milpitas: $16.40/hour
- Pasadena: $16.11/hour
- San Francisco: $16.99/hour
- Santa Monica: $15.96/hour
- West Hollywood: $16.00/hour (small employers); $16.50 (large employers)
District of Columbia: $16.10/hour
Florida: $11.00/hour, effective September 30, 2022
- Chicago: TBD (according to CPI) (21+ employees); $14.50/hour (4-20 employees)
- Cook County: TBD (according to CPI)
- Montgomery County: $15.65/hour (51+ employees); $14.50/hour (11-50 employees); $14.00/hour (1-10 employees)
- Minneapolis: $15.00/hour (101+ employees); $13.50/hour (1-100 employees)
- St. Paul: $15.00/hour (10,001+ employees); $13.50/hour (101-10,000 employees); $12.00/hour (6-100 employees); $10.75/hour (1-5 employees)
Nevada: $9.50/hour (employers offering qualified health benefits); $10.50/hour (all other employers)
- Portland Metro: $14.75/hour
- Nonrural Counties: $13.50/hour
- Rural Counties: $12.50/hour
Employers should also review tipped employee minimum wage changes, and any impact to overtime and exempt employee pay.
- Prepare to update minimum wage rates in payroll systems.
- Notify employees of wage increases, if required.
- Display updated minimum wage posters in the workplace and provide posters to remote workers.
- Subscribers can call our HR On-Call Hotline at (888) 378-2456 for further assistance.
Disclaimer: This document is designed to provide general information and guidance concerning employment-related issues. It is presented with the understanding that ManagEase is not engaged in rendering any legal opinions. If a legal opinion is needed, please contact the services of your own legal adviser. © 2022 ManagEase