All Employers with CA, CT, DC, FL, IL, MD, MN, NV, OR and WA Employees
Contact HR On-Call
On July 1, 2023, minimum wage will increase in states and localities across the country. Although not a comprehensive list, the following are key areas to review. All changes go into effect on July 1, 2023 unless otherwise noted.
- Alameda: $16.52/hour
- Berkeley: $18.07/hour
- Emeryville: $18.67/hour
- Fremont: $16.80/hour
- Los Angeles City: $16.78/hour
- Los Angeles County: $16.90/hour
- Malibu: $16.90/hour
- Milpitas: $17.20/hour
- Pasadena: $16.93/hour
- San Francisco City: $18.07/hour
- Santa Monica: $16.90/hour
- West Hollywood: $19.08/hour (all employers)
Connecticut: $15.00/hour, effective June 1, 2023
District of Columbia: $17.00/hour
Florida: $12.00/hour, effective September 30, 2023
- Chicago: $15.80/hour (21+ employees); $15.00/hour (4-20 employees)
- Cook County: $13.70/hour
- Montgomery County: $16.70/hour (51+ employees); $15.00/hour (11-50 employees); $14.50/hour (1-10 employees)
- Minneapolis: $14.50/hour (1-100 employees)
- St. Paul: $15.00/hour (101-10,000 employees); $13.00/hour (6-100 employees); $11.50/hour (1-5 employees)
Nevada: $10.25/hour (employers offering qualified health benefits); $11.25/hour (all other employers)
- Standard: $14.20/hour
- Portland Metro: $15.45/hour
- Nonurban Counties: $13.20/hour
- Tukwila: $18.99/hour (501+ employees); $16.99 (1-500 employees)
Employers should also review tipped employee minimum wage changes, and any impact to overtime and exempt employee pay.
- Prepare to update minimum wage rates in payroll systems.
- Notify employees of wage increases, if required.
- Display updated minimum wage posters in the workplace and provide posters to remote workers.
- Subscribers can call our HR On-Call Hotline at (888) 378-2456 for further assistance.
Disclaimer: This document is designed to provide general information and guidance concerning employment-related issues. It is presented with the understanding that ManagEase is not engaged in rendering any legal opinions. If a legal opinion is needed, please contact the services of your own legal adviser. © 2023 ManagEase