All Employers with 15+ Employees Advertising Hiring in WA
January 1, 2023
Contact HR On-Call
In 2023, employers with 15 or more employees will need to include salary and benefits information in all job postings when advertising hiring in Washington. According to SB 5671, external job advertisements will need to include:
- A wage scale or salary range for each job posting;
- A description of all benefits and compensation offered in the posting; and
- A public advertisement of these disclosures.
The law applies to all methods used to attract applicants, including printed announcements, online postings, and jobs posted via recruiters and other third parties.
Notably, internal job postings do not have to comply with these requirements. Instead, internal job postings must continue to comply with 2019 rules that came from the state’s Equal Pay and Opportunities Act. For internal postings, employers must only provide a salary range or wage scale on request.
- Review the bill here.
- Have recruiting and hiring processes updated for compliance.
- Implement pay scale and salary ranges for all positions.
- Confirm with third-party recruiting vendors that they are in compliance.
- Conduct an equal pay audit.
- Subscribers can call our HR On-Call Hotline at (888) 378-2456 for further assistance.
Disclaimer: This document is designed to provide general information and guidance concerning employment-related issues. It is presented with the understanding that ManagEase is not engaged in rendering any legal opinions. If a legal opinion is needed, please contact the services of your own legal adviser.
© 2022 ManagEase